The School District of Janesville Wisconsin is seeking a dynamic leader to begin July 1, 2022.
Located in Rock County, Wisconsin, the School District of Janesville serves approximately 10,000 students and employs approximately 1400 full-time staff, and is one of the 15th largest school districts in Wisconsin. The District includes 12 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, and 2 comprehensive high schools. It also includes 4 charter schools served by District employees. It is a unified school district under Wisconsin law, and is governed by a 9-member Board of Education elected at-large.
The District has engaged Hazard, Young, Attea and Associates (HYA) to conduct this search. HYA is a network of independent education consultants across the nation. This independent network has made HYA the preeminent education consulting firm with over 30 years of executive search and education consulting experience. Since 1987, HYA has provided support for education leaders to employ school executives, address issues related to student performance, and support aspects of school district operations.
HYA Associates Dr. Sarah Jerome and Dr. Patricia Neudecker, former superintendents with Wisconsin experience and national connections, look forward to serving the Janesville community in this important work.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit the following:
- Current Resume
- Cover letter stating reasons for your interest in the position and your fit for the position
- Names and contact information for three references
- Answers to the following questions:
- Describe your leadership and management philosophy? What particular strengths do you bring to this position?
- Based on your review of publicly available data, which student groups have been under-served by Janesville, and what are the specific next steps you would take to close any identified gaps?