District Facility Updates
The School District of Janesville looks forward to sharing information about improvements to SDJ facilities with the community. This webpage will be updated as projects commence.
In November 2020, residents of the School District of Janesville (SDJ) voted to pass two referendum questions critically important to the future of our local public schools. The Board of Education and the SDJ Administration utilized your input regarding how you want your community's schools to function and operate now and into the future.
Facility solutions approved by residents on November 3, 2020 will:
- Ensure a standard for all SDJ buildings with respect to secure pathways/entrances.
- Address the most urgent facility needs (aging facilities, infrastructure) which includes replacing windows, roofs, and boilers.
- Ensure all SDJ school buildings remain open while maintaining current class sizes.
- Facilities Guiding Principles:
- Safe, healthy, and secure facilities
- Accessible for all students, staff and community use
- Cost effective
- Designed with adaptable and flexible technology infrastructure
- Equitable, throughout the district, for students and staff
- Learning enviroment that is engaging and supportive
- An element of community pride
- Code compliant
What's Been Happening?
- Hosted in-person Wall smashing ceremony with school district speakers to formally celebrate the start of teh secure pathways project.
- Started construction for the first phase of the project
What's Next Timeline:
- Mapping out summer school building usage and parking
- Moving from pre-referendum concepts to reality in three phases:
- Phase 1: Adams Elementary, Harrison Elementary, Jefferson Elementary, Lincoln Elementary, Van Buren Elementary, Washington Elementary
- Phase 2: Edison Middle School,, Jackson Elementary, Madison Elementary, Marshall Middle School. Monroe Elementray, Parker High School, Wilson ELementary
- Phase 3: Craig High School, Kennedy Elementary, Franklin Middle School, Rock River
|PHASE 1||DESIGN & PRE CONSTRUCTION||BUILDING||CONSTRUCTION|
|PHASE 2||DESIGN & PRE CONSTRUCTION||BUILD||CONSTRUCTION|
|PHASE 3||DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION||BUILD|