Statement of Nondiscrimination - Equal Opportunity Employment (SDJ Board Policy 4110)
It is the policy of the Janesville Board of Education that no employee shall be subjected to illegal discrimination under any program or activity and in employment. The School District of Janesville is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel hiring and administration in the District shall be conducted so as not to discriminate against applicant or employee on the basis of sex or sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status, disability or handicap, creed, political affiliation, citizenship, ancestry, arrest record, conviction record not substantially related to the nature of a person’s job or activity in the school, membership in the National Guard, state defense force or any other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or Wisconsin, use or nonuse of lawful products during non-working hours, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law.
The Janesville Board of Education will comply with the following laws:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin;
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination in all employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin;
- Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, which prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of sex with regard to educational programs or activities and employment practices;
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of handicap; and
- Americans with Disabilities Act.
Reasonable accommodations shall be made for qualified individuals with a disability or handicap, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship to the District.