Thank you for your interest in employment with the School District of Janesville (SDJ). As part of our Janesville Promises, the SDJ strives to establish and maintain a challenging, fulfilling, and enjoyable work environment for our employees.
Job openings for the SDJ typically fall into the following categories:
- Certified Staff: Teacher, Administrator, Coach, or Certified Substitute Teacher
- Support Staff: Custodial, Maintenance, Food Service, Administrative Assistant, Paraprofessional, or Substitute Teacher with a non-teaching Bachelor degree
All SDJ positions are listed on and applications must be submitted through the WECAN site. To find open positions, you will need to register and login to the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN) website. (https://wecan.education.
You will need to create a New Account the first time you login. This will create your profile for you. Once you have done this, you will need to go to the Applicant Dashboard and complete the Standard Application, as well as the Question Sets for any areas you are interested in. WECAN also allows applicants to upload file attachments (pdf format only) including letters of recommendation, resume, and transcripts. This can be done by clicking on Add PDF in the My Documents section of the Applicant Dashboard.
To apply to vacancies, from the Applicant Dashboard, select Search Vacancies. You can then narrow your search by job type, or by employer. Click on Search. This will display all available vacancies based on your search criteria. To apply to a vacancy, click on the Vacancy ID number, then click Apply . The screen will provide you information as to whether your application was applied, or if additional information is required.
All individuals recommended for employment must satisfactorily complete a criminal background check and physical exam.
Statement of Nondiscrimination - Equal Opportunity Employment (SDJ Board Policy 4110)
It is the policy of the Janesville Board of Education that no employee shall be subjected to illegal discrimination under any program or activity and in employment. The School District of Janesville is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel hiring and administration in the District shall be conducted so as not to discriminate against applicant or employee on the basis of sex or sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status, disability or handicap, creed, political affiliation, citizenship, ancestry, arrest record, conviction record not substantially related to the nature of a person’s job or activity in the school, membership in the National Guard, state defense force or any other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or Wisconsin, use or nonuse of lawful products during non-working hours, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law.
The Janesville Board of Education will comply with the following laws:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin;
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination in all employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin;
- Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, which prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of sex with regard to educational programs or activities and employment practices;
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of handicap; and
- Americans with Disabilities Act.
Reasonable accommodations shall be made for qualified individuals with a disability or handicap, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship to the District.
For Certified Staff applicant questions, please contact:
Human Resource Department
For Support Staff applicant questions, please contact:
Human Resource Department