This Map of Hiking Trails shows all of the hiking trails with their names and lengths. It also includes but is not limited to sharing of locations of the parking lots, structures, informational markers, and visitor rules.
What is J.S.O.L.?
J.S.O.L. stands for Janesville Schools Outdoor Laboratory and is a 166-acre arboretum owned by the City of Janesville and maintained by the city parks department and the School District of Janesville. It is used to support education by giving students a space to study local wildlife habitats, plants, and insects. It offers a space for them to experience hiking and other outdoor nature related activities.
- Visitor Rules
- Interactive Map of JSOL
- JSOL Map By Trail Length
- History of JSOL
- History of The Hornby Log Cabin
- Plant Identification Guides
- Facebook Link
- Friends of JSOL
- School District of Janesville Teachers
- Contact information
Please respect nature and allow others to enjoy its beauty.
- Open 5am till 11pm daily
- Only forms of foot traffic are allowed (hiking, snowshoeing, skiing)
- Pets allowed September 15-May 15 only
- All pets must be leashed
- Owners must cleanup after pets
- Please carry in and carry out all items
- Do not remove plants or wildlife
- No horses, bicycles, or motorized vehicles
- No alcohol allowed
- No smoking
- No Hunting, Trapping, Archery, or Shooting
- Wading/Swimming in the creek is at your own risk
- Fires by permit only
- Bathroom accessibility is limited to SDJ field trips and special events. Please plan accordingly.