An ongoing process to actively engage students to:
- develop an understanding of his or her self
- create a vision of his or her future
- develop individual goals
- prepare a personal plan for achieving the vision and goals
This is Student Driven & Ongoing
A product that documents and reflects students:
- coursework, learning and assessment results DYNAMIC & FLEXIBLE
- post-secondary plans aligned to career goals & financial reality
- record of college and career readiness skills.
This is Dynamic & Flexible
Day After Graduation
The purpose of ACP services is to assist students with planning and preparation for opportunities after graduating from high school. These opportunities may include postsecondary education and training that leads to careers.
What is PI-26?
Chapter PI-26 is the legislation in the State of Wisconsin that requires every school district to provide ACP services to students enrolled in grades 6 to 12 in the school district beginning in the 2017−18 school year. This chapter establishes the requirements for education for employment programs.
What is the Purpose of PI-26?
- Prepare elementary and secondary pupils for future employment.
- Ensure technological literacy; to promote lifelong learning.
- Promote good citizenship.
- Promote cooperation among business, industry, labor, postsecondary schools, and public schools.
- Establish a role for public schools in the economic development of Wisconsin.
- Annually notify parents of our ACP plan and Education for Employment (E4E) Program
- Annually review and update district’s E4E program
- Annually report after the annual review
- Publish report on the district website
Connection to District Promises
- 100% of students will have an ACP that includes a post HS plan
- 90% of graduates will complete college ready indicators as detailed at redefiningready.org
- 90% of graduates will complete career ready indicators as detailed at redefiningready.org
- 90% of graduates will successfully complete an advanced placement, transcripted, industry credential, or dual enrollment credit class
- Teachers will increase/focus instruction from direct to engaged and empowered instructional opportunities
- Every student is known by name, strength, and need by at least one adult.