Our School Board Members are elected to a 3-year term by the Janesville community during the Spring election cycle. Regularly scheduled meetings of the Board of Education are officially posted 24 hours or more before a meeting held.
The meetings take place on specified Tuesday evenings beginning at 6:00 PM (unless otherwise posted). They meet in the Boardroom at the Educational Services Center, 527 S. Franklin Street in Janesville, Wisconsin.
Notification of Noncandidacy Form -- This form is for incumbents to complete if they don’t plan on running for another term. This form is due by Friday, December 22, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
The following incumbent school board members whose term of office expires in April 2024 and whose seat will be contested in the 2024 Spring Election have filed a Notification of Noncandidacy, as provided under section 120.06(6)(b)3 of state statues:
What Candidates Need to File
- Ballot Access Checklist
- Declaration of Candidacy Form
- Nomination Papers - (100 valid signatures required)
- Campaign Finance Checklist
- Campaign Finance Overview
- Campaign Registration Statement
- Wisconsin Association of School Boards (WASB) Resources for School Board Elections.
- Wisconsin Election Commission Website.
Questions regarding this information may be directed to the Assistant Board Clerk at: firstname.lastname@example.org.