Things to Know About the School District of Janesville
- Janesville is a city of over 60,000 citizens located in Rock County in southern Wisconsin, about 40 miles south of the state capital, Madison Wisconsin, on I-90/39.
- Janesville is known as “Wisconsin’s Park Place” with over 2,300 acres of parks.
- We have over 1,500 staff members that educate and support our students and their families.
- The School District of Janesville has approximately 9,500 Pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students served in our 21 schools.
- Our district is the tenth largest school district in the State of Wisconsin. Our schools include two comprehensive (9-12) high schools, three (6-8) middle schools, and 12 (Pre-K-5) elementary schools and 19 P4J (4-year old early learners) Community Partnership sites.
- We also serve students in 4 charter schools: Rock River Charter School, Rock University High School, TAGOS Academy, and ARISE Virtual Academy.
- Janesville schools offer a full array of courses and activities from which students can learn and grow. The culture of our district places emphasis on student achievement, accepting and encouraging diversity, and fostering parent involvement.
- Our district has an articulated and sequential curriculum based on Wisconsin Academic Standards and Benchmarks. Our students excel in a wide range of extra-curricular activities, the arts, athletics and more.
- To enroll your child in our school district, you may do so in person at the New Student Enrollment Office. Click here for more information.
- Wisconsin's open enrollment legislation allows students from other school districts to attend our schools if parents submit open enrollment forms within designated time periods (typically the 1st Monday of February through the 4th Friday in April). For more information go to the State of Wisconsin's Open Enrollment website, or visit our Enrollment Information page.
To find out more about the School District of Janesville or individual schools, continue to explore our website. If you would like additional information please go to our Contact Us page and fill out the "Website Inquiry" form and someone will respond as soon as possible.
The School District of Janesville Administrative Offices are located at the Educational Services Center (ESC) at 527 S. Franklin St., Janesville, WI 53548. ESC building hours are Mondays through Fridays from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM when school is in session. Summer hours and school break hours are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (we are closed on federal holidays).
If you need to see a specific individual, please call ahead to verify availability and to make an appointment. Please call (608) 743-5000 for more information.