5 year plan
Student and School Success
Every student is known by name, strength, need; and every student graduates ready for college, career, and life.
- Every student is known by name, strength, and need by at least one adult.
- Teachers will increase/focus instruction from direct to engaged and empowered instructional opportunities.
- 90% of 3rd graders will read at or above grade level.
- 90% of 9th graders will successfully complete Algebra I.
- 90% of graduates will successfully complete an advanced placement, transcripted, industry credential, or dual enrollment credit class.
- 90% of graduates will complete college ready indicators as detailed at www.redefiningready.org.
- 90% of graduates will complete career ready indicators as detailed at redefiningready.org.
- Increase graduation rate by 1% each year to 92% rate for 2022.
- 100% of students will have an academic and career plan that includes a post high school plan.
Efficient, effective, and caring interactions with our students, parents, and community.
- Place in the top 15% of comparative Studer districts in parent and employee surveys.
- Establish a 5-year rolling rate for grades 5-12 with the Gallup Hope student survey.
Culture and Climate
Challenging, fulfilling and enjoyable work environment for our employees.
- Maintain a certified staff retention rate at a minimum of 95%.
- Increase non-certified staff retention rate by 1% each year to 93% for 2022.
- All staff will participate in ongoing job-embedded professional development.
Continuous monitoring and re-alignment of district resources.
- Maintain a balanced budget.
- Utilize the SDJ capital improvement plan to maintain district infrastructure/buildings and honors past investments.
- Utilize the SDJ information technology plan that is forward looking and supports student needs.
- Prioritize energy/resource efficiency solutions and improvements.
- Develop and implement employee compensation models that recruit and retain talented staff and are sustainable under the current state aid system.
Health and Safety
Prioritize the safety, health, and wellness of our school community.
Approved by BOE on August 22, 2017
- Maintain student immunization rates above 90%.
- Maintain a low accident rate while striving for zero accidents.
- Maintain employee HRA/Biometrics participation rate at 95% or higher.
- Maintain a minimum 5-year rolling average score of 4.5 out of 5.0 as reported by parents in response to the survey question, “School promotes a safe environment for my child to learn.”